10 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF TO HELP YOU DECLUTTER
Is this an item that I use regularly?
IF YES …. FIND IT A HOME AND PUT IT AWAY
IF NO …. Create and put it in a Give Away/Sell area
IF MAYBE ……
THEN ask yourself these additional questions:
- Is it something I LOVE?
- When was the last time I used it?
- Am I keeping it out of obligation or expectation? (A
keepsake or memory?) Create a bin or box for those
- Am I holding onto it because I “think” I should love it?
- Am I saving it “just in case”?
- Do I still have the object that it went to?
- Do I have multiples of it?
- Is it incomplete or broken?
- Is it in style and good shape?
- How many of these do I need to have?
- Is it worth the money and effort to fix it?
- Is it worth the time I spend cleaning/storing it?
- Could I use the space where I keep it for something
This questionnaire was inspired by our day to day interactions with our clients and LifeYourWay to make
organizing and decluttering a painless exercise.